Saturday, April 28, 2007

9AM Good Lord (Who is Good but the Lord?) I am weak to think it is early, but it is early

Praise be to God, the one and only true God, the God who saved us from Egypt and led us from the desert! All of creation praise Him, praise your maker and fear Him. Glory be to the Father, from the rising to the setting of the sun he makes all life possible, from the setting to the rising of the sun he makes all life possible, nothing is anything without you God. And God, we praise your holy name.

The one and only God is my God and I am His. When I wake in the morning it is by His grace, and when I fall asleep it is with His permission. For who understands even waking and sleeping except my God? Who can guarantee sleep when it will not come, and who can wake another up when they are in a deep sleep? Only my God.

Thank you Lord for this weekend God. Thank you for giving us the idea, and thank you for protecting our hearts and minds as we planned the action. Please be with us as we do what we can for the city of Dallas. Please help us as we go to people's homes today Lord, please help us do more than yard work lord, please help us to love on the people in our congregation Lord. There are so many people that we can help inside of the church, there are so many people that are hurting and so many people that just need someone to talk to or a little help around the house, and a church that will not help others inside of their own church is not a church at all. Please help us open hearts and minds Lord, help us to ignite your spirit of servant-hood, and open the hearts of those that we serve so that you can work in them. Please also open our hearts as we work, so that you can work on us.

Father, we know how much you feel for the needy. Jesus, we know that you love those who are outcast. I am so sorry for the times that I was inhuman to a person, to one of your people, as I passed them in the street. I don't always need to give them something physical Lord, but when I scorn them I scorn you, when I ignore them, I ignore you, when I stop caring Lord, I stop caring for you. Please help me to find out what it means to love people who I cannot understand, those to emotionally shattered to lead a normal life, those so addicted to drugs or alcohol that they feed their habit when they should feed their stomach, those who have fallen hard onto times that are harder and cannot pick themselves up, those who do not have the mental capacity for normal life, please Lord, help me to know what it is to love those people, because Heaven is filled with those people, and until I learn to love them, there is no place in heaven for me. Please be with those that take the time today to love on those who need you so desperately, and who need things of this world so much more than I.

God, the foreign are your children. The Good Samaritan is a story saying that the people that you are prejudiced against are your neighbors, and you need to love them. I know that story by heart Father, but I seem to surround myself with people that look like me, and talk like me, and grew up in Texas (all praise to God, make of Texas and earth). I am not confronted with people that are not at home where we are, Lord. Please help us with Friendspeak to show that even though the earth is not our home, it is still filled with family. Please help us to serve those who are not living the lives they are used to, Lord, help us to open our hearts and our doors to those who seek shelter from this crazy place that surrounds them.

God please be with the elders in our church. They have seen so much, and done so much work for you, and they can teach us whipper-snappers a whole lot about life if we would shut up and sit still for just 30 seconds. Our society has moved away from a family life that includes constant supervision by our parents parents, and in doing so we have lost so much history and so much perspective. Please help us to serve the elders in our church Lord, to love them, and listen to them, and learn from them. They have a lifetime of wisdom and experience from you. Please help us to love them.

Lord please be with the service tomorrow night. Please help us to show that we, the B1 singles group, cares for the church, and cares for the community. Please help us to be a light that ignites more light around us, please help others in the church to be caught up in the spirit of what we are doing, so that they feel called to love on the people around them. Please God help this be a starting point for service, in the church, and in the city.

How often Lord, do we forget your Spirit? We do not spend enough time fasting, we do not spend enough time mourning, and we do not spend enough time celebrating. Your son's first miracle was keeping a party going, He was accused of partying too much. You, awesome God (awesome, God) gave us a day to do nothing but celebrate you. One day a week, just to celebrate you! You constantly have angels singing your praises, which sounds like a good time. Please help us to celebrate our weekend of work, with a time of joy and celebration. Hopefully we are all preparing to go to the biggest party of all Lord, and let this celebration be one that brings us closer to that time and closer to you.

Thank you so much for everything you have given to me Lord. Thank you so much for everything that you have given to us Lord. Thank you Lord, for you are good. Thank you Lord, for your are love. Thank you Lord, for your grace. Thank you Lord, for your mercy. Have mercy on me, a sinner. Be gracious to me, for I am ungrateful. Love me Lord, I am unlovable, and yet, still, you love me.

Amen.