Saturday, April 28, 2007

Dear Lord...

Thank you so much for all the many blessings you have given to me. I take them for granted so often, but I truly am grateful for everything and everyone in my life.

I pray that you pour your blessings on this weekend as we try to reach out to those in need and to make an impact on someone's life. I pray that we will genuinely show the love of Christ as You want us to, and that people can see Christ in us, and that You are glorified through our actions.

I pray for changed hearts. Help us to plant the seed and have faith that You will make it grow. I pray that our group will be encouraged by what they see and be moved to continue to reach out whenever they see a need. We are called to serve, and I pray that everyone has a heart of a servant and has a humble attitude; one that constantly asks, "What can I do for someone else?"
Let us reach out not only to those outside the church walls, but those inside as well. Christ calls us to be unified, and we will never have a true community unless we have selfless hearts. Help us to learn about each other, get out of our comfort zones and talk to someone we don't know. Help everyone to feel welcome and feel like they can fit in with anyone and really be a part of this family.

I pray for the leaders at Prestoncrest: the elders, deacons, and ministry leaders. I pray that you give them wisdom in making decisions and that you give them the strength and perseverance in hard times. Also, for the missionaries all around the world that are doing Your work. Thank you for their hearts and I pray that you protect them and bless their efforts. Give them peace when they face difficult situations and give them the courage and boldness to speak Your Word.

One ministry that is close to my heart is FriendSpeak. Please bless that ministry and touch the hearts of the readers who come to learn English. Help them to build a relationship with their worker, and to eventually come to have faith in You. Please give the workers the right words to say to answer difficult questions, and to explain the message and to share their life with the reader.

Thank you so much for sending your son. Thank you for grace, and please help us to be joyful because we have the greatest gift and that is the Holy Spirit. Let us live a life of love and in everything we say and do, may You be glorified!

Amen.