Saturday, April 28, 2007

a prayer

Lord,
I ask your favor on the city of Dallas. Lord, smile upon those who are disheartened, encourage those who have lost hope, inspire those who have given up, love those who have been shunned, revive those who have become dry.

God,
I confess to you a selfishness. I take for granted that my time, my money, and my energy are spent as I want to, not always how you want me to. Convict me to hand these areas over to you.

Father,
Bring our family together. Give us unity. Open our arms and help us to welcome. Tear down walls. Move us from our comfort zones.

Jesus,
Thank you for your sacrifice. May we never overlook your love spent on that cross as we are consumed by the business of life.

Holy Spirit,
Give us revival. Dwell among us. Speak through our words. Shine in our actions. Heal the sick and the hurting. Inspire us to ask for miracles.

Amen.