Saturday, April 28, 2007

Grateful

Today has been an exciting and uplifting day. First we helped out a family who is suffering from cancer and needed some work around the yard done. A few of us went and spent a couple of hours of our time and did what we thought was an easy job. We gained a better perspective on what we did when we sat and discussed it and thought about how much more time it would have taken for only one person to do it. We stood in the doorway of this family's house and prayed that God blesses their life, health and their family. That was a great moment. The second thing that I was uplifted by was in Downtown Dallas. Our group drove into downtown and just as soon as we parked and pulled out the fresh socks we had people were coming over in droves. It didn't take much time before we realized we needed to get more socks. Before we did we continued on our stroll and saw groups of people in the shade waiting around a community center were later they might get some warm food and social services if they want it. It was amazing how a bottle of water and socks changed the expression of their faces. It was amazing how these things could bring them to share their stories and open the conversation to prayer.

Father-I am thankful for today. Thankful for the love you've given us to give a peice of you to others. I'm thankful that you gave us all some great encounters with people who are not like us. I'm grateful that you gave us eyes to see, hear and say what you wanted us to. We pray that our small gifts of water,socks, crackers would create more room for Your love. We pray that that our presence around town planted a seed among this city. I pray that we brought joy to others in some way this weekend. I pray that you would continue to bless this singles ministry for your glory.